Saturday, January 21, 2012

Postponing. . .

 First, I want to apologize to my blog readers. I have been SO inconsistent lately and I feel terrible! I never even posted my Ricotta Cheese recipe for my first theme week! I really wanted to start something great with this blog in the new year, but one thing I didn't factor in was pregnancy.
Yep, you heard that right! I'm pregnant! I was going to keep it a secret for a while on my blog (friends and family already know), but I just need to share my excuse with you as to why the lack-age of post-age lately.
You see, with fatigue, nausea, morning sickness, cravings, food aversions, and even a bout of mastitis. . . I'm having a very hard time in the kitchen lately.
I think out of all of last week, I made ONE meal for my family. Maybe two. I don't know if dried pasta and sauce from a can with some iceberg lettuce for a salad really counts.

I'm going to have to skip the theme week that is supposed to start tomorrow. I just can't do it. I'd already cooked two of the planned recipes for "Sit-Down Restaurant Copy-Cat Recipes" week, so I may still post them on days that I actually feel well. It really all depends on this little baby swimmin' around.

Valentine's Theme week is still a go, and should be really tasty and yummy, so stick around for that. Hopefully I can find a time for this next theme week I am skipping.

If you need some things to tide you over on these cold, wintery days, here are some of my fave recipes that'll warm you right up. :D


Quick and easy, but oh-so comforting.
Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Pillows
Something sweet and sticky and just right.
Cinnamon Tomb Rolls
Fresh and healthy, yet warm and savory. My perfect week-day lunch. (or dinner!)
Mexican Black Bean and Corn Casserole
Notice all the breads and carbs? We're supposed to eat these foods in the winter months, right? It just feels natural!
EASY Artisan Bread
I wish I was eating this RIGHT NOW.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Heat up a batch of a warm, creamy soup, or some chili. Mmm!
Bread Bowls
And the most popular recipe on this blog  (for good reason, if I do say so myself). . .
Sweet and Spicy Roasted Tomatillo Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...