Sunday, January 8, 2012

Make Your Own Dairy Products Week!

So, i've decided to do something SUPER fun this week! Each day (Monday-Friday), I will post about making your own dairy product! By dairy products I mean things like: Ricotta Cheese, Sour Cream, Yogurt, and more!
And you will NOT believe how easy they are to make! I actually have a dream of one day having my own little farm and being much more self-reliant on what we can grow and make and milk at home. Knowing how to make all these wonderfully yummy things from scratch will sure come in handy when my dream comes true! (Right honey, my dream is going to come true, right? This is to you, Bradley!)
They are also fabulous ways to save money, have tastier ingredients, have more control over what is in your food, miss out on preservatives and artificial things, and always be able to have what you need without needing to run to the store! Oh, and I promise to only use NORMAL things. You won't need crazy things you've never heard of or have at home, like rennet or mesophilic m.

I was considering letting the posts be a surprise, but I changed my mind and will give you a run-down of what is coming on each day.
It will make it easier for you to pick and choose which day you need to check my blog. Haha!

Monday: Sour Cream


Tuesday: Ricotta Cheese


Wednesday: Butter AND Buttermilk


Thursday: Yogurt


Friday: Cream Cheese

I hope this will be as fun for you as it will be for me! Check back tomorrow for sour cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...