Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cinnamon Tomb Rolls

My husband’s family makes these rolls called “Tomb Rolls.” They make them around Easter and they are symbolic for the empty tomb after Christ’s resurrection because after baking, the rolls become empty inside.  Because I got a good deal on Crescent Roll dough at the store the other day, see Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Pillows, I decided to make some tomb rolls! I kicked it up a notch, though, by adding some cinnamon-sugar into the sticky sweet madness.

Cinnamon Tomb Rolls
These rolls only require 4 ingredients!
1 tube Crescent Roll Dough
8 Big Marshmallows
½ Stick of Butter, melted
Cinnamon-Sugar
Ok, 5 ingredients if you count cinnamon and sugar separately.

 
Preheat your oven to 375°. Unwrap your dough and separate the triangles onto your parchment/foil lined cookie sheet. Trust me on this one, you want something under these rolls. Don’t just spray with Pam and call it a day. Really.
 
Set up your assembly station, Marshmallows, melted butter, and cinnamon sugar.
 
First, dip a marshmallow into the butter.
 
Second, dip it into the cinnamon sugar.
 
Third, place the marshmallow on a Crescent dough triangle and wrap it up all nice and cozy-like.
 
After you’ve wrapped up all the marshmallows, stick them in the oven for 12 minutes. While you’re waiting, eat a marshmallow or two.
 
Once you pull them out of the oven, you might notice that a few of them have exploded. (I told you that you’d want something under those rolls!)
 
Serve while they are still warm and oozing.



I wasn’t a huge fan of tomb rolls to begin with, they were always a little too sweet for me, but the cinnamon really did it for me in these rolls. My daughter ate one, my husband ate two, and I shamelessly ate five. Oh yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Try doing them in a muffin tin. I did that my second time with MUCH better results. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...