Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Revolutionary" Pizza Dough

About three years ago, I received a recipe for pizza dough from a church activity that was called "revolutionary." I tucked it away into my recipe binder to try it soon, and now three years later, I have finally made the recipe. Talk about procrastination, right?
This dough came together SO quickly and I love that it uses whole wheat flour along with white flour.

"Revolutionary" Pizza Dough
Printable Recipe


Ingredients:
1 Cup Warm Water
1 Tbsp Active-Dry Yeast
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour

Add the yeast to the warm water and let it dissolve and bubble for about 10 minutes. Then, add your sugar, oil, and salt. Mix it up a bit.
 Oops! Forgot to include the whole wheat stuff in my ingredients pictures. Grab your flour!
 Add one cup of each, white and wheat, to your wet ingredients and mix it up as best you can.
 Once you've incorporated the flour, dump the dough out onto a floured surface.
Now you're going to knead in the last 1/2 cup of flour and just knead away until nothing is sticky and you have a nice ball of dough, about 5 minutes.
I just left it right there on the counter and covered it with a towel to rise. You only need to let it rise for 15 minutes! During that time, you can start pre-heating your oven to 400 degrees.
Now, roll out your pizza dough. Make a circle, a rectangle, or what have you. See my sweet new rolling pin?! Well, new to me. It's vintage from the 50's!
 Crimp up the edges to form the crust. Gotta make sure all the toppings don't fall off the side!
My pizza stone is currently covered in baked-on cheese (we had a calzone explosion) and i'm having a tough time cleaning it off, so i'm just using a baking pan here. You should probably spray it with some pam or sprinkle with cornmeal. I didn't and half my crust stuck to the pan!
 Cover it with your desired topping! We went for a simple sauce and cheese combo.
 Bake it at 400 for about 10-12 minutes, or until your cheese looks scrumptious. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...