Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pantry Challenge: Week 2

So, here I am at the end of week one and it went really well!Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I always get sidetracked when family is in town. :)
I didn't spend any more on groceries during the week, despite REALLY wanting to run to the store a few times for miscellaneous items.
My only deviation from the plan was the weekend.
Figures.
I wasn't really in a casserole kind of mood on Saturday, so instead we had chicken tenders and baked BBQ potato wedges. I was hoping to post the potato wedges recipe, but they really didn't turn out as well as i'd hoped. I'm thinking the cooking time was off, so i'll try again later this week and if they turn out great, i'll share the recipe. :)
Sunday, I was all set to make my chicken tacos, but then I got a phone call from my mother that her and my father would be visiting the next day (Monday), and I decided that I would rather just have a little Mexican buffet sort of thing for dinner with them.
In place of tacos, we had grilled cheese sandwiches.

In case you missed it, I DID share a recipe this last week!
"Revolutionary" Pizza Dough that I used for homemade pizza from the pantry challenge.

Now, for this weeks menu:

Monday- Mexican buffet! Make your own tacos and burritos.

Tuesday- Bagel pizzas with a side of spaghetti squash. Apple juice to drink.

Wednesday- Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes and a side of Honey Whole Wheat Rolls. Milk to drink.

Thursday- Penne and meat sauce with Artisan Bread. Lemonade to drink.      

Friday- Out to eat.

Saturday- Unsure. We have family plans during the day so we'll see what happens around dinnertime.

Sunday-  BFD, breakfast for dinner. Waffles with a side of sausage, eggs, nectarine slices, and smoothies to drink.


Money spent for the week:

Smith's- $25.45
  • 3 boxes of Kool-Aid Jammers juice pouches ($0.41 each after clearance and coupon!!!)
  • 3 boxes Capri Sun juice pouches ($0.68 each after clearance and coupon!!!)
  • 3 bottles Ken's salad dressing ($0.50 each!)
  • 1 Knorr Rice Mix- Mexican style
  • 1 box Kraft Mac n' Cheese
  • 1 can Black Beans
  • 1 tub of Butter Spread
  • 1 tub of Sour Cream
  • 1 lb Ground Beef
  • 1 bottle Santa Cruz Lemonade
  • 1 bottle Hansen's Natural Apple Juice
  • 1 carton organic Beef Broth
  • 2 Avocados
  • 1 bag of Bagels
  • 1 Red Onion
Total spent so far: $96.59
Budget remaining: $53.41

The rice mix, black beans, sour cream, avocados, and red onion were all for dinner with my parents last night. I wasn't planning on purchasing them, so I spent a little more this week than I wanted, but my mom was at the store with me and purchased a chuck roast for me, so it evens out. :)
Of course, unexpected clearance and manager's special finds also tend to get the best of me, as proven by the 6 boxes of juice pouches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...