Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Whats for Lunch Wednesday: Open-Faced Veggie Burger

What's for lunch Wednesday is less about sharing new recipes, and more about keepin' it real. This is what I REALLY had for lunch today! Sometimes I slip and eat junk. Sometimes it's gourmet. This series is to not only inspire quick lunchtime ideas, but to show that we are not all perfect in eating the right thing at every single meal.
  
I don't often eat veggie burgers,  because real ones taste too darn delicious, but I've been wanting to eat some of the things that have been hiding in the back of my freezer. I decided to forgo any kind of bun and enjoy this burger with just some toppings and a fork. There's no real recipe here, although I may share the recipe for the mayo later. Top this sucker with anything your heart desires. I just went with more basic hamburger toppings because it's what I had on hand.

Open-Faced Veggie Burger

Ingredients
One soy-free organic veggie patty
Homemade Mayonnaise
Organic Ketchup
Shredded Spinach
Sliced tomato or chopped cherry tomatoes

Pan-fry your patty in some avocado oil and then pile on the toppings! Easy, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...