Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mexican Omelette

So i've been playing around with omelette's lately.  I definitely still need some practice on shaping them right or whatever, but the amount of eggs we've been getting from our chickens has me trying anyway. I made a few that were just all right, but when I made this one, I was in heaven. I made it for lunch three days in a row!

Mexican Omelette

Ingredients
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
2 Tbsp Diced Bell Pepper
1 Tbsp Cotija Cheese
1 Tbsp Butter
 

 I don't know if I even know the proper way to make an omelette, but first I put the butter in a pan and heat it up on high.
Meanwhile, scramble your eggs.
When the butter is all melted, pour in your eggs. You'll want to push the cooked eggs out of the way to let the runny eggs cook as well. Does that make sense?
Let the eggs cook until they just start to set on the top. (Sometimes I do the fancy flipping thing where you grab the pan and flick your wrist, but not usually.)
Then add your peppers, cilantro and cheese onto one half of the eggs.
Fold the other half on top of the filling, and you are good to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...