Monday, August 4, 2014

Under the Sea Birthday Party!

So, I thought it might be fun to share some pictures from my daughter's 4th birthday party! The theme was Under the Sea/The Little Mermaid. I wish I could say the ideas are all my own, but Pinterest did about 90% of the work for me.

We'll start with the food!
I had so much fun putting up these little "seaweed" streamers. What an easy way to add a backdrop for a dessert table!

Lounging in the brown sugar sand were marshmallow octopuses (octopi?) and nilla wafer clams. All accompanied by chocolate pearls.

 Her cake was super simple and obviously suffered a little mishap on the side there. I don't know why I didn't turn the cake to take the picture. Guess I wasn't paying attention.

We had Beach Trifles, with graham cracker sand and blue jello topped with whipped cream (clouds maybe?)

 Of course we had to have goldfish in a giant fishbowl.

I let my daughter help decorate the blue velvet cupcakes. Just some buttercream frosting  with candy fish on top. Nothing too hard.

These were my favorite. Sand Dollar cookies. I just made a batch of simple sugar cookies and pressed slivered almonds on top while the cookies were still warm. So easy and really, really tasty. 

 I made a really simple BLT shell pasta salad. It was just bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and pasta, tossed in some mayonnaise and ranch. Season with salt and pepper and you're done!

Crabwiches! The sandwiches were build-your-own, but I stuck these cute little DIY eyes into the croissants. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of our Starfish PB&J sandwiches though. 


The main attraction was our swimming pool, but I had a few games available as well. First up was the fishing booth where all the kids went fishing for their favor bags.  Favors included sunglasses, toy telescopes, and some bubbles.

I also made a bean bag toss game, which was my little toddlers favorite.

 The wind was being a little crazy, but I also made this fun photo booth for all the kids to take pictures with Katie. I printed out the photos and included them in the thank you cards.


The party was so fun! I try to keep us all on a whole foods diet, but I couldn't help but pack in the sugar for the party. What's wrong with a little splurging for a birthday? :)

A HUGE thank you to my sister and her husband, who helped with food, set-up, everything. They also brought their fun bubble machine! Another thank you to my parents who also helped with food and set-up, as well as bringing a large pop up to provide us all with some much needed shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...