Friday, November 18, 2011

Two Ingredient Ice Cream

 HEY!!!! It's ME!!! Your long lost blogging buddy!!! How have you been?!?!
Ok, I know it's been a while. You know when life just gets super crazy and you don't have time for anything? Yeah, that's not what happened. Sure, things were a bit busy for a while (Yo Gabba Gabba Live, my mom visiting, shopping, church, Breaking Dawn, etc. . . ) but in truth, I just haven't made anything worthy of posting on here lately!
I did, however, enlist my husband to help me make this SUPER easy ice cream a while ago that I wanted to share. It is by no means a "real recipe" but it sure is fun, easy, and, I think, a great idea for some kind of sleepover/party type thing. Just sayin'.

Here goes!
Two Ingredient Ice Cream
I know, there are three ingredients here. Shh!

Heavy Whipping Cream
Sweetened Condensed Milk

Optional- Toppings. I have Vanilla pictured here.
 We only made a half batch, so you need one cup of whipping cream and pour it into a bowl. Pretty simple if you ask me.
 I started hand whipping, because i'm a crazy person, while my hubby measured out half of the can of sweetened condensed milk. How much did it end up being, hubs? I dunno. It was half the can.
 Once it's beautiful and fluffy, you are done! Don't keep going. It will start to turn into butter!
 Now, add your sweetened condensed milk.
 This is where you can add your toppings OR you can wait a few minutes and a couple steps below. I decided to add a tsp of Vanilla at this point.
 Now just fold it all together.
If you taste it at this point, it tastes like melted ice cream.
 Now choose whatever container you like. I love to use my little smushed-looking mason jars. You can also use Pyrex dishes, plastic tupperware, or whatever. Pour some in there, but leave an inch or two at the top.
 Now this is where you may add your toppings if you like. It's fun to make it a little more personalized. For a sleepover, you can just have a little buffet of yummy things (crushed oreos, snickers, fudge, caramel, brownie pieces, cookie dough, andes mints, etc. . . ) and add some to your little ice cream cup and just mix them in. For the hubster we added some Reese's. I kept mine plain. I am boring.
 Ready! Stick them in the freezer overnight or for at least 6 hours.
 Take it out and enjoy just how freaking creamy this stuff is!

Extra notes: Please!!! Experiment!!! Add cocoa powder or chocolate syrup for chocolate ice cream. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger. Try donut pieces and pastries. Add cake mix. Add streusel and baked apples. Have fun! I found this recipe on another website, but now I can't find it! I'll come back and add a link once I can figure out where this came from.
Oh, and sorry the pictures aren't fab. We made these at 11 o'clock at night. :)

2 comments:

  1. I made this for Christmas and experimented by adding frozen fruit pulp. It was good, but it has to be at least equal parts cream and fruit or else it's just um...ice.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...