Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hello Again

Well hey! It's been a while hasn't it? So much in my world has changed since October of 2014 when I last shared on this blog. At the time I last posted I had just discovered that I was pregnant with our third child. As my pregnancies are usually pretty difficult, I allowed myself to step away from the blog and just focus on growing my little babe. I also didn't do a lot of cooking for the entire pregnancy, so there's that. I kept telling myself that after my new one was born that I would get back into cooking and blogging and healthy eating and everything that I enjoyed. And then at 9 months pregnant, 40 weeks, my little baby, my son, was stillborn. My world came crashing down and everything was put onto the back burner.

It's been about nine months now since he passed. Life is still so hard most of the time, but i've found myself back in the kitchen more and more frequently lately, despite currently being 29 weeks pregnant with our fourth. I'm beginning to enjoy cooking again, and to enjoy life in general again. I've been blogging a bit on a more personal blog about a bit of my journey through grief and I thought that maybe I might be ready to do some food blogging again. To continue to heal through the kneading of bread dough and crank of the pepper mill. Through sharing more of myself and my world with a larger community of people. To be more real.

So here I am. I want to do this again. It won't be often. I am pregnant again, after all. But it will be sometimes. And perhaps that's all I can manage for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...