Monday, July 2, 2012

Pantry Challenge: Week 3

Oh boy. Talk about a complete failure for last week! I barely stuck to the plan at all! Shoot!
Wednesday, Thursday, AND Friday, we (or just myself) ended up going out to eat. Pretty awful, right? Pizza Hut, Jimmy Johns, and IHOP. So bad.

I also ended up spending an extra $4.79 due to a late-night watermelon craving. This baby LOVES watermelon, let me tell ya.

In case you missed them, here are two posts from last week:
Basic Buttercream Frosting
Handmade Gift Exchange

This upcoming week is a tough one, with rent and a car payment being due, so I don't plan on spending ANY grocery money, just in case. Hopefully I can make the last of my Bountiful Basket from 2 weeks ago last yet another week. I have a ton of romaine lettuce, celery, chili peppers, potatoes, 2 spaghetti squash and some cherries left. Plus, half of the watermelon we bought on Saturday.

Meal Plan:

Monday- Pot roast with carrots, potatoes, and celery. Honey Whole Wheat Rolls on the side. (I didn't get around to making this last week, so it'll be tonight's dinner instead.) Milk to drink.

Tuesday- Snacks. Haha! We'll be heading up to Idaho Tuesday night, so dinner will be whatever we can scrounge up. Probably leftovers.

Wednesday- We'll be up in Idaho for a family BBQ! I'll be making and bringing my Tomatillo Salsa.

Thursday- Not sure yet, since I don't know if we'll be back from Idaho in time to make dinner.

Friday- Spaghetti squash with red sauce and a side salad. Water to drink.

Saturday- BFD. Breakfast for dinner. Eggs, toast, waffles, sausage and smoothies to drink. (Another meal from last week that I didn't end up making.)

Sunday- BBQ Chicken Crescents with baked beans and a side salad. Water to drink.


Money Spent for the Week:

Smith's- $4.79 for a watermelon last Saturday

Total spent so far: $101.38
Budget remaining: $48.62

With no grocery spending this week and almost $50 left for the last week of my pantry challenge, I think i'm going to make it under budget! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...