Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Winger's Sticky Fingers

This recipe is SO YUM! Trust me. If you've ever been to Winger's Restaurant, you've undoubtedly had their famous Winger's Sauce and/or Sticky Fingers. When I was pregnant with my Little One, I craved Winger's ALL. THE. TIME. Luckily, I found a copycat recipe online that seriously tastes exactly like the real deal. The best thing about it is that you can use the sauce for all kinds of things: grilled chicken, fish, pork chops. . . My sister-in-law actually dips her popcorn in it (as do I! I actually made a batch of popcorn the other day and then poured this sauce right over the whole bowl, shook it all up, and then ate it all. So good.)

Winger's Sticky Fingers
Thanks Eat Cake for Dinner

This recipe requires only a few ingredients! Yay!
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce
2 Tbsp Water
1 Cup Oil
Frozen Breaded Chicken Strips
The Frank's Red Hot Sauce is VERY important! It's the star of the show! If you HAVE been to Winger's, open up this bottle and smell it. Smells like Winger's, doesn't it? :)
Add the Brown Sugar, Hot Sauce, and Water to a small saucepan. Heat it up over medium-low, stirring every once in a while until the sugar is all dissolved.
Did you use Frank's? Double check! If you comment and say "My Sticky Fingers didn't taste at all like Winger's" I will ask "Did you use Frank's Red Hot Sauce?" to which you will reply "No, but. . . " "I told you to use Frank's!!!!"
Oh look! A picture of nothing! Actually, it's a paper towel on a plate. Have one ready. Now, heat up your oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add your chicken! This recipe makes enough sauce for about 6-8 pieces. I've only cooked up two pieces here because I was making it for my own personal lunch today.
Fry for about 2 minutes and then flip. Sizzle, chicken, sizzle!
Once finished, remove to paper towel to drain off excess oil.
Now put your chicken in a huge tupperware container with a lid (or a little glass bowl if you're only making two like me) and SHAKE!
Mine broke in two while I was shaking. Haha! You can serve as is, with some extra sauce to dip it in, or ranch or something, and maybe a side of fries or steamed veggies.
OR you can eat it my favorite way, a Sticky Finger Salad! Make up a salad with plenty of lettuce, cheese, craisins, grape tomatoes and some "Creamy Amazing Dressing." This dressing is basically 1 Tbsp Winger's Sauce and 1 Tbsp Ranch, mixed up. Top with your chicken and then thoroughly enjoy. Mm-mm!


Extra notes: If you have extra sauce, you can easily keep it in the fridge for about a week, i'd say. Just heat it up when you need it. You can also double-triple the recipe with no problems. These are a little bit spicy, so if you want to give them to your kids, serve with ranch or other dairy-based dipping sauce. It will cut down on the spicyness considerably and still have the same yummy flavor. Also, if you coupon, there are almost always coupons for Frank's online for $0.50 to $1.00 off any bottle. The small bottles are priced around $0.97 at Walmart, so I get my hot sauce free! One small bottle contains about 9 Tbsp, so you can make the sauce 3 times from a free bottle of hot sauce! SCORE!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you commented on my blog, so I could find your blog! Your recipes look yummy! I love all of your fun pink gadgets in your pictures! I'm a new follower! By the way, now I am really craving these sticky fingers for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these for dinner tonight with potatoes and they were SO yummy. I've never had wingers so I can't compare, but the whole family loved them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...