Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cinnamon Honey Butter

 So, I woke up sick this morning. Blah! But, do you know how to make a sick person feel better? Cinnamon Honey Butter on some nice warm bread or toast, that's how. Luckily I made this last night, apparently anticipating this darn cold. There's no bread recipe for today, but I will show you how to make the butter!

Cinnamon Honey Butter
4 things, that's all!
1/2 Cup Butter, or one stick, softened
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Honey (Local is best, especially if you have seasonal allergies! Local honey helps!)
1 tsp Cinnamon
 Pour everything into a bowl! Order doesn't matter. I just happened to pour in the honey first.
 And then a nice chunk of softened butter.
 Powdered sugar! One of the worlds great discoveries.
 Last, cinnamon. I don't know about you, but I spell cinnamon wrong every time I type it and then I have to go back and erase. My fingers just naturally put an "o" instead of an "a". Every. Time.
 If doubling or tripling this recipe, go ahead and use a stand mixer. I just used my broken handheld mixer that stopped every 3 seconds and barely got the job done.
 Grab a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides and make sure everything is incorporated.
  Next up is my favorite little trick of all time!!! Fold a ziplock baggie over a glass or measuring cup or something and then dump the butter mixture in there! It's amazing how well this works and how easy it makes everything!
 Cut the tip off the corner of the baggie
 And then squish the mixture down into a super cute little mason jar.
 I think this is a 1 pint size? Correct me if i'm wrong. There was too much butter to fit into one, so you can just put the extra into something else, or use two of the skinnier little mason jars. Are those half-pints? I don't know. :) Look at all that cinnamon-y goodness!
 You can go ahead and eat it right away, or pop the lid on and keep it in the fridge and then serve at room temperature because it's easier to spread. If you are crazy, you can gussy it up and make it cute to give away to a friend, teacher, neighbor, whomever.
I didn't have any nice, warm, homemade rolls to spread it on, so I toasted up some of my favorite bread from Bountiful Baskets and ate it right up!

Extra notes: This butter is a little sweet. My hubby thought it was perfect, but it was a tad sweet for me. Delicious, nonetheless. You can certainly reduce the amount of powdered sugar or omit it all together and it will still be yummy. Also, that bread is SO GOOD! For more info on Bountiful Baskets, or if you are super confused, go ahead and leave a comment or shoot me an email and I will be more than happy to help you out. I love Bountiful Baskets!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I didn't know about the powdered sugar- I'll have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...