Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Oct Pantry Challenge Update 2

Oh boy. This last week we ran out of milk, bread, and eggs. We were nearly out of all-purpose flour, sugar, and butter. I guess I should have been monitoring their usage more closely. It definitely shows just how much our meals tend to rely on these staples and gives me ideas on what specifically I should be stocking up on more often.


Menu Plan for October 15th- 21st

I don't plan for breakfast & lunch because we generally eat different things for breakfast, and Brad buys lunch at his work. 

Wednesday: Cheeseburger Pasta with Roasted Veggies

Thursday: Chicken and Dumplings

Friday: Frozen Pizza with Sliced Fruit

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Beef Stew with Mashed Potatoes and Rolls

Monday: Sweet Baked Kielbasa with Rice

Tuesday: Baked Spaghetti (New recipe from Pinterest)



Money Spent: $103
Money Left: $-3

Whelp. . . The moolah is gone. I had to go to the store; I just didn't know what we would do without milk and eggs. I could only get a half gallon of milk though and will probably be buying a full gallon of the raw stuff we drink in the next week or so. I have to drive about 30 minutes away to buy it and wasn't willing to drive that far yesterday. So milk, eggs, AP flour, potatoes, apples, onions, some brown sugar, beef broth, and one pie pumpkin cleaned out my wallet and even put me over budget by $3. (The $3 was actually spent on 6 boxes of Horizon Organic Milk that were on clearance for $0.50 each). A couple of the things I could have gone without normally, but with a Halloween get-together with friends happening this weekend, I knew I couldn't skimp of some of my favorite party foods.  

Two weeks to go! I know I can do this. I've got this week all planned out, and then it's just one more. We may end up eating a lot of spaghetti and mac-n-cheese at the end, but so be it.

Maybe I'll get lucky and my friggin' chickens will stop molting and give me some eggs already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...