Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Easy Mexican Rice

First things first. Let me finally introduce you to my new kitchen!
I am in LOVE!
It may or may not have been the deciding factor in which house we bought. :)




Go ahead. Be jealous. :D

For Christmas, my sweet hubby got me a tortilla press and it is awesome! I am SO terrible at rolling out circles, so when I make tortillas, they end up looking like blobs. Not anymore! I used it for the first time tonight and all my tortillas were perfect little circles!
Here is the recipe I use for tortillas, if you are interested. Flour Tortillas
 


Now, on to the recipe. This rice is SOOOO easy and comes together super quickly. I've used instant rice here because it's quicker, but you can do the same thing with regular rice. You would just need to halve the amount of rice used and let it sit on the stove for longer. 

Easy Mexican Rice

Ingredients:
2 Cups Instant Rice
1 Cup Chicken Broth (you could also just use water or vegetable broth for a more vegetarian/vegan approach)
1 Cup Salsa (your choice)

 Mix the chicken broth and the salsa together in a saucepan and heat on high until boiling.
 Once it's boiling, stir in your rice, remove from heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
And there you have it! I told you it was amazingly easy! I served mine with quesadillas filled with cheese and this mixture and a side of fresh pineapple.. So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...