Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I knew I had to start with these cookies. In my second semester of college, I ate a LOT of peanut butter. As in, sitting on the couch at 2 in the morning with a spoon in one hand and a jar in the other. Actually, my 5 roommates were the same way. We were the peanut butter eaters. One day, I knew that I needed to bake something with our favorite 2 a.m. snack. After searching several recipes online for peanut butter cookies, I decided to just make my own! These quickly became a favorite among the roomies and myself. And guess what? I NEVER liked peanut butter cookies before these. Seriously.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printable Recipe
Preheat your oven to 350° and gather your ingredients.
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter (I prefer Skippy, but Planters is what I had on hand)
1 Egg
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Dump everything into a medium mixing bowl. So easy, right?!

Mix until well combined. I used a wooden spoon here, but anything works. Even the pink plastic forks I had originally used to make these cookies.
Roll into balls. I like a good sized cookie, but any size you want is fine. Just adjust cooking time to be shorter or longer for your size cookie. (Blurry picture!)

Evenly space them on a cookie sheet lined with: parchment paper, wax paper, foil, Pam, nothing, anything, whatever.

Using a fork, flatten the cookies by making a criss-cross pattern.

Ready to go! Bake them in the oven for 10-12 minutes.

Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 3 or 4 minutes and then transfer them to wire cooling racks.

These are best when they are warm out of the oven, but just a warning- These are VERY crumbly! Be sure to have a napkin or plate ready!


They will keep for a few days in a Tupperware container on the counter. After a few hours, they can become a little dry, but it doesn’t really detract from their yumminess, so no worries! Depending on the size of your cookies, this recipe yields 12-24 cookies. I usually end up with about 16 for some reason.
(Don’t forget to turn off the oven!)

Extra notes: I have tried these with reduced-fat peanut butter and with natural peanut butter, and the cookies just don’t set up right. Go for the full-fat processed stuff! Mm! You can also use creamy peanut butter, but it just doesn’t have the same great taste or texture. You can also omit the chocolate chips, but who would want that?! These cookies are not at all healthy (an entire cup of sugar?!?!?!), but if you want to consider that entire cup of peanut butter to be healthy, then sure, eat 3 or 4. Since I first made these, i've seen several similar recipes across the world wide web. I probably got the inspiration from somewhere, but I don't really remember, so i'll give credit where credit is due- Thank you for the inspiration, internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...